International Scientific Conference
"Challenges of Sustainable Tourism Development" CONFTOUR 2024
17-18 May 2024
Place: Faculty of Economics, University of Shkodra “Luigj Gurakuqi”
Faculty of Economics of UNISHK with the initiative of the Department of Tourism, organizes in cooperation with the Municipality of Shkodër, the Municipality of Malësi e Madhe, the Municipality of Vau i Dejës and the businesses of the Tourism sector, the International Scientific Conference CONFTOUR 2024 with the aim of fostering connections between stakeholders in the development of sustainable tourism in an environment of collaboration and exchange of ideas, while discovering innovative solutions and best practices for the effective management of tourist destinations, tourism businesses.
This conference comes in the series of several conferences, workshops that the UNISHK Faculty of Economics has organized over the years, focusing this time on the participation and contribution of the first generation of doctoral students as part of the third cycle doctoral program in "Economics and Sustainable Tourism " that was opened at the Faculty of Economics in the academic year 2022-2023.
Goals of the conference:
- To promote innovative solutions in response to the challenges of sustainable tourism development.
- To encourage the use and advancement of technology and innovation as a means to address the current challenges faced by tourism entities in the context of economic developments in the territory.
- To help improve the connection between academic institutions, public institutions and business developments, highlighting tourism as a dynamic sector and main pillar of the Albanian economy, especially in the North of Albania.
Academic staff, doctoral students, representatives of tourism businesses and other actors related to this sector are invited to contribute and participate in this conference with their scientific papers.
- Management of sustainable tourism
- Strategic planning of tourist destinations
- Economics of Sustainable Development
- Preservation and management of biodiversity
- Information systems in tourism
- Environmental economics in Tourism
- Project management in sustainable tourism
- Social entrepreneurship and innovation
- Restoration of urban centres and the historical landscape
- Recovery and revitalization of cultural monuments
- Management of cultural property
- Management of the distribution channel in hospitality
- Discourse in tourism
- Sustainable business models
- Sustainable management of tourism in rural, coastal and mountain areas
- Gastronomic tourism,
- Dark tourism
- Climate change adaption for tourism sector
- Transport for tourism
- Management of protection and security in tourist destinations
Deadline for submission of Abstracts
March 29, 2024
Notification of acceptance of Abstracts
April 10, 2024
Full paper submission for Proceedings
June 20, 2024
17-18 May 2024
Faculty of Economy, University
Participants should send their abstracts, according to the Guidelines at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full scientific papers will be published in Conference Proceedings with e-ISSN or at the University of Shkodra Bulletin – Series of Economic Sciences with ISSN number 2411-4960.
Participation in the conference is free of charge.
Conference language: Albanian, English