International Students - Frequently Asked Questions
Why study at the University of Shkodra
The University of Shkodra offers qualified academic staff, numerous study programs that respond to the demands of the labor market, laboratories equipped with modern technological tools, a scientific library with a very rich fund, which is enriched with contemporary literature in the Albanian language and in a foreign language. The University of Shkodra also has a digital library. Check the programs offered, research work, and alumni success to determine it aligns with your educational aspirations.
Which are the admission requirements?
For admission to our university, international students must submit at the Secretary of the Faculty they wish to enroll the following documents:
- Certificate of the Albanian Language (received at the University of Tirana)
- Authorization to stay
- A copy of the notarized and translated diploma, recognized diploma at the Center for Educational Services (QSHA)
How to enroll at the University of Shkodra “Luigj Gurakuqi”
To enroll at the University of Shkodra “Luigj Gurakuqi” follow these general steps:
1. Choose a program: Select the available academic program you want to pursue at the university official website
2. Check admission requirements: Review the admission requirements for your chosen program, including academic qualifications, language proficiency, and other specific criteria.
3. Prepare documents: Gather all necessary documents to meet the specific requirements as outlined by the university.
4. Submit your documents: After gathering all the required documents for enrollment, submit them to the Secretary of the Faculty your selected program is part of.
5. Pay application fees: Check the details for the payment of fees at the university website and make the necessary payment following the instructions of the pay application fees. Fees are available at the official website and are set at the period of Registration.
6. Interviews or Exams: Some programs may require interviews or exams, please follow the instructions provided during the application process (if an interview or exam is needed)
7. Register: If you have been elected, please follow the instructions to register and complete any additional enrollment steps as outlined by the university.
These steps are general guidelines. For accurate information about enrollment fees at the University of Shkodra “Luigj Gurakuqi” please visit our official website or contact the Secretary Offices directly. They can provide you with up-to-date details on tuition fees and any financial assistance. Also, quotes for admission at our university are set by the Ministry of Education and Sports.
Are there any programs offered in the English language?
The following study programs are bachelor programs that our university offers in the English language:
- Bachelor in "Informatics" in English
- Bachelor in "Biology and Chemistry" in English